We all agree that nothing can improve your eye makeup game like a perfectly drawn dramatic winged eyeliner. It looks very sexy and complements almost every type of look.
Winged eyeliner is the hottest trend, so shaking hands and lack of competition can't prevent you from achieving this feat. Follow the step-by-step guide to create cat eyes and wings that are sharp enough to kill.
How to make a winged eyeliner?
1: How do I create a winged eyeliner with an angled eyeliner brush?
It is specially designed to solve the problem of winged eyeliner. To be honest, nothing is easier than that. You can get very clean results by slightly wetting the brush. Step-by-step guide
Immerse an angled brush in an eyeliner pot and place it on the outer edge of the eye to create a corner with temples.
Place the same brush on the opposite line to create a curve at the top of the wing
Fill in the gaps between the lines with an eyeliner brush and spread the contours to the inner corners as usual.
2: Hands-free guidance
Yes, it requires some practice and solid hands, but with a little patience and the right way, it is absolutely possible to apply a neat and perfect winged eyeliner.
- Take the pencil eyeliner and draw an extension on the outer edge of the eye diagonally to the eyebrows.
- Adjust the length according to your desired edge length.
- Then place a pencil at the end of this line, move inward with a slight curve, and draw a line that extends to the inner corner of the eye.
- If it is difficult to stretch the same line at once, stretch it at least to the middle of the upper lashes and then to the inner corners. Make sure the lines are getting thinner, especially if your eyes are small.
- Then fill the gap between the top and bottom lines that make up the wing until the skin disappears. If it has a smooth finish, leave it as it is. But if you want your wings to be more prominent and bold, grab a liquid eyeliner and carefully trace the lines created with the pencil eyeliner. Also, if you plan to include this step, you can make the edge lines a little rougher when using the eyeliner pencil.
- The liquid eyeliner covers rough edges for a perfectly smooth finish.
- Quick Note: When applying freehand eyeliner, place your elbows on a flat, hard surface. This gives you a lot of control over your hand movements.
If this guide doesn't work for you, you probably need additional help to master those killer wings. do not worry. The solution lies in daily necessities such as spoons, adhesive tapes and brushes that are specially designed for that purpose. Take a look at the following tips to find out how to create a magnificent winged eyeliner with the right elements.
Method 3: How to make a winged eyeliner with adhesive tape?
In addition to regularly repairing torn accessories, adhesive tape and good cellophane can also help you draw the perfect winged eyeliner.
- Cut a ribbon about 2 cm long and attach it along the outer edge of the corner of the eye you want to make into a wing.
- Use the eyeliner to pull along the cornered edges and use the outline of the band as a guide to draw the wings.
- Complete by extending the line along the line of the upper lashes.
Method 4: How to make a perfect eyeliner with a spoon?
Go to your kitchen, grab a spoon and give yourself the perfect winged eyeliner you've always wanted. The straightedge on the handle and the curve of the spoon are the perfect tools for getting clean and accurate wings.
Hold the handle of the spoon in the outer corner of the eye. Draw a straight line on the handle line with the eyeliner. Place the round part of the spoon and cover the cup. Use the rounded edges to create a curved tip of the wing. Fill the space between the two lines with eyeliner and extend the contour to the upper lash line as usual.
Method 5: How do I create a perfect winged eyeliner on a business card?
Your solution for cleverly drawing a winged eyeliner is probably in your pocket. Simply take out the business cards you no longer use and create your own winged eyeliner template.
Hold your business card and draw a rough line according to the size of your eyes and the shape of your wings.
Remove the scissors and cut out the pattern you drew.
Use the notch as a wing template.
- Method 6: Create a winged eyeliner with a magnetic card
Instead of buying expensive stencils and tools to get clean wings with an eyeliner, use your credit or debit card to help you draw a winged eyeliner.
- Hold the straightedge of the card in the outer corner of your eyes and make it at a slight angle to your temples.
- Make wings by pulling along a straightedge with an eyeliner. Spread the eyeliner along the line of the upper lashes to the inner corners of the eyes.
- PS You can also use a pen or pencil, or basically any straight object, and follow the same method to get straight wings.
- However, in these cases, the wings are probably sharper and less curved.
Tips and precautions to follow when applying winged eyeliner
Be careful when choosing the type of eyeliner. Eyelashes are mainly displayed on three avatars: liquid, gel, and pencil. Liquid and gel eyeliner provides a more striking and eye-catching finish, but can be a bit tricky, especially for beginners.
Pencils, on the other hand, are recommended for beginners as they give a smoother, more delicate finish and better control.
The winged eyeliner and cat's eyes look very warm to almost everyone and can be worn on any occasion or even daily. However, depending on the level of drama you are looking for, you can play with wing length and sharpness.
It also finds the position and shape of the wings that complement the shape of the eye and adjusts accordingly. If you're a beginner, it's natural to waste eyeliner, even with all the guidance.
Don't worry if you make a mistake. Soak a cotton swab in petrolatum and gently wipe off any dirt. You can also use clear lip gloss to fix it quickly. For better control of the liquid eyeliner, place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
This cures the applicator and makes it easier to control. So now, with all these tips and tricks about your kitten, all you have to do is grab your eyeliner and try this super-attractive look. Don't worry if you don't get it for the first time. It takes a little practice and a little patience to master the art of eyeliner like a pro. You will definitely get there, until then, keep killing with these tricks.
Let us know if you have any tips or tricks for a perfect winged eyeliner. We also hope you find this article useful.